Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Coral and Turquoise Chevron Blanket

At Baby Matthew's baby shower I gave him a grey and black chevron blanket that I had made. When my cousin opened it my Tia Grace grabbed it, and said how much she liked and and that she wanted one. So a few days later, while at Michael s Craft Store I called up my Tia Grace's kids and asked them what colors she liked. Her son said blue and her daughter said coral. I found some amazing coral, turquoise and tan color soft Impeccable yarn on sale and grabbed what I needed.




I took about 2 months and I used the basic chevron crochet stitch.


I love the colors and pattern of this blanket! The dimensions ended up being about 4 feet by 2.5 feet. If I could do it all over again I would make it wider. After the body was done I added side borders to give it a little more width.


It will make a nice lap blanket.


When my Tia said she wanted a blanket I saw it as an opportunity for me to say thank you to her and to tell her how much I love and appreciate her. Almost a year ago my Grandparents moved out of their home because it was time for them to move in with someone so that they could be taken care of. Between medications and dialysis appointments things were getting hard for them. So my Tia Grace opened her home to them. My Nana and Tata moved only down the street from their old house and into my Tia's house. I know what a big deal this is and I am so thankful that my Nana and Tata have a wonderful place to stay.

So this blanket is just my way of thanking my Tia and telling her how much I love her and her big heart!