Sunday, September 16, 2012

DIY Wreath

My boyfriend is a big Florida State University fan, so when the season started, I wanted to bring a little garnet and gold into our house. I've seen all these wonderful DIY wreaths on Pinterest, so I thought I'd take a shot at one. So I headed to Michaels...

Things I purchased...
Wreath made out of sticks/twigs
Wooden Letters
Paint, one gold and one garnet
2 spools of ribbons, one gold and one garnet
Refills for my mini hot glue gun.
Over-the-door wreath hanger

So the first thing I did was paint all my letters garnet. I gave them two coats. After they dried I used the eraser from my pencil and painted gold polk-a-dots all over them. They came out too cute!


Untitled

Then I cut my ribbon. I'm not great at making bows so I just cut them into same-sized pieces and then tied them in a knot. I did a piece of gold and garnet together. Then it was time to assemble everything. I wasn't sure I was going to have enough ribbon to really cover my wreath so I glued my letters first. Use a lot of hot glue! Then I glued my knots. 


Untitled

So there it is. Pretty cute! My boyfriend was really surprised to come home to it.

Go Noles!
Untitled

No comments: