Friday, March 20, 2015

Purple Rain Granny Square Blanket

After posting about Phi's rainbow granny square blanket a friend in Illinois asked if I could make her one but in purples. I was happy to do it. 

This time I used thick more wool yarn and a more holey square pattern. I used 3 different colors, 2 skeins. I used purple, dusty purple and eggplant. I was able to make 36 squares in all with 3 made up of all 3 colors combined. 

Here are the squares begging to be joined. 


I went with a 6 x 6 and random pattern. The only hard part is making sure the same colors are not touching each other. I used a dark charcoal and a single crochet join. I like the raised line it makes.


I needed to bulk up the size of the blanket to make it big enough for an adult lap blanket so I added a thick strips in between each row of squares.

After joining with thick strips and adding a border. After a gentle wash and a overnight of blocking it was ready to pack up and send off to its new home in Illinois.


I am still loving these granny squares!


3 comments:

Kelly Nowak said...

I am so blessed to have you as a friend. I'm so excited to get the blanket! Thank you so much for taking the time to make me such a wonderful blanket. ♡

Elissa L. said...

Totally my pleasure Kelly!

http://writemyessayx.com/ said...

Wow! This is something new for me! Looks like a crochet quilt. Awesome idea and O like colors.